Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sunday, February 6th 2011


Hello Everyone,

Well, I and my suitcase have returned home but my brain still seems to be on vacation. Hopefully it will be fully functioning by Tuesday when Roger and I are scheduled to be the note takers. Our speaker will be Claude Tellier who will be telling us all about his recent trip to Cambodia to see how things are going with the Water Project to bring fresh water to some of the villages there. For myself, I find it especially interesting to hear of the imaginative ways in which some of our own club members are using their skills to benefit others.


Ang Village family well. Concrete cylinders are made in the village to line hand-dug wells that reach groundwater at about 30 ft. This design is simple, long-lasting, holds up during the dry season, and serves several families.

As discussed last week by Hub, if there is sufficiently bad weather that the schools are closed, our lunch also will be cancelled. If the schools merely have a delayed opening, lunch will proceed as usual, with the board meeting to follow. In the sad event that we do not meet, I plan to spend the time baking for Love Notes and then freezing the dish until Sunday morning. Believe me, I shall be so nervous on Sunday morning that no one in their right mind would consider eating any food that I might prepare that day in the kitchen!

Love Notes is just around the corner – the last minute tasks are going ahead at full speed – our newer members might like to know that we have an informal agreement that members are encouraged to wear something red for the occasion. Not everyone does, and that is perfectly fine – but if it is a good color for you, then do go ahead and  flaunt it! I have to confess that I have decided that for the first time I shall refrain from wearing red – just the usual 'woman' thing about not having a single suitable thing to wear!

It will be lovely to see you all again in Tuesday – vacations are terrific but it is also good to return to one's own home – and dog…..

Bye for now,
Vivienne.

No comments:

Post a Comment